HomeForumShopResourcesEvents

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General Discussion

TOPIC: Piping Live, Anniversary gig etc..

Piping Live, Anniversary gig etc.. 9 months 1 week ago #501

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Who's got an angle on what the line up will be for the Piping Live gig? And what chance if any that the event and the anniversary bash might be streamed,or at least recorded for a later web cast, for us lot that don't come from the Midlothian comfort belt?
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Tunni.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Piping Live, Anniversary gig etc.. 9 months 1 week ago #505

• ggreig
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi Steve,

No idea about Piping Live event - I will be away climbing mountains - but am certain that Hamish has it all in hand. There is an element of going along on the night to see what he has organised, confident that it will be good.
I can only give you my own opinion on the 30-year celebrations: I would say that there is no chance of live streaming of either event. However I will encourage the Committee to consider how the 30-year events might be recorded (subject to participants approval) and how we might make, at least, some available.

George
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by ggreig.

Piping Live, Anniversary gig etc.. 9 months 1 week ago #506

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
Ah George if only I was able to pop along on the night but sadly it's more often the recurrence of the annual feel really left out of it time each "Worlds Week"!

It'd be fantastic to have some more of these LBPS events as an on line resource though. It doesn't make up for not being there or having a local community to support and develop technique and repertoire but in the absence of the above it does really help. My own piping is constantly being challenged and refreshed by the snippets of border piping I glean from around the web.

Piping Live, Anniversary gig etc.. 8 months 2 weeks ago #511

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
What's happening up there then folks?

I'm searching the site and the piping live listings and can't find hide nor hair of the LBPS event. I'm used to piping on the fringe but even so...
Time to create page: 0.832 seconds