HomeForumShopResourcesEvents

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General Discussion

TOPIC: news from Peebles?

news from Peebles? 1 year 1 month ago #540

• craig
  • Fresh Boarder
Could someone post the results of the tune competition?
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by craig. Reason: misspelled "from"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

news from Peebles? 1 year 1 month ago #541

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Monday the 4th (GMT) and I've no idea but lets take a little guess shall we?
1st Callum Armstron "Angie's Jig"
2nd Pete Stewart "Yooky Taes"
3rd George Grieg "Lynne and Steve's Big Day"

news from Peebles? 1 year 1 month ago #542

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
I was going to say still no news maybe they haven't sobered up yet or perhaps they all got done for sedition. Then I saw the home page has changed so maybe some more news is forthcoming. Shame the pictures look like a facebook deal I hate that narcissistic sham community more than I can politely put into words.

news from Peebles? 1 year 1 month ago #543

• ggreig
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi,

Pete is off to the US teaching, which explains the silence. As it says on the main page, stuff will appear over the next few weeks - yes, I know we should have contingency plans .....
However,the tune competition results were Gary West first with 'The Jedburgh Ba' Game', Paul Roberts was second with 'The Gin Drinker's Dream' and Craig Hohm came third with 'The Waterdog'.
All the tunes (all the entries to the competition) have been published in a new book called '30 Years of LBPS Tunes' which should be available from the LBPS web-site shop when Pete gets back. In addition to the competition tunes, the book also contains other tunes from across the Society's 30 years, a couple form Hamish's stay in Barga and two named for two weel-kent ladies in the Society, Miss Rona MacDonald and Jeannie Campbell.
The book will be £12 to members and £15 to non-members. And I, for one, am very pleased with it.
It was a great weekend, one of the best. Both concerts were recorded and stuff will emerge in one format or another - we can only decide when we see what the recordings are like. There was some terrific playing.

George

news from Peebles? 1 year 1 month ago #544

• ggreig
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi, again,

Just noticed that Craig was asking for the results. Congratulations to Craig for his third place. Apologies if you found out this way instead of directly. Jeannie is writing to you and sending a copy of the book. Also, I believe that Iain Wells (the Treasurer) has sent your prize money - think I saw an e-mail to that effect so, hopefully, you will have seen that.

George
The following user(s) said Thank You: craig

news from Peebles? 1 year 1 month ago #545

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
Congratulations the winners! I'll look forward to hearing them played and those recordings from the weekend are another tantalising prospect too.
Time to create page: 0.614 seconds