Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General Discussion

TOPIC: Border pipe practice chanter and other heresy

Border pipe practice chanter and other heresy 4 months 3 weeks ago #559

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I'd love to get my hands on a proper BP practice chanter. Not necessarily as a proper stand alone instrument like those "A practice chanters" you see marketed as session friendly instruments (mostly to our cousins across the pond I guess) just the bp equivalent of a ghb practice.

While I'm at it why hasn't any manufacturer of GHB really picked up the gauntlet and started producing a pipe chanter that properly allows cross fingered accidentals? I know we have session pipes and such but this is not what I mean. Can you imagine what it would be like if the likes of FMM took to the circle and suddenly started playing chromatically? I'm not just talking about a the odd tricksy slide note here either or those Brian Boru things. The sky would fall in over Glasgow green.

I know able and gifted players have been manipulating their chanters to some effect for years now but no one to my knowledge has produced the MacChromatic pipe chanter V1 yet. With all the other guff that is being churned out to turn a buck from the pipe market I don't understand why such an omission exists. The pipe is clearly able to produce these notes and there are makers very able to do it, why the gap?
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Tunni.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds