General Discussion
  • Page:

TOPIC: What news "Local groups"?

What news "Local groups"? 4 months 4 weeks ago #632

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Any news on the local groups plan then?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What news "Local groups"? 4 months 4 weeks ago #633

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
Without wishing to be seen as hijacking someone else's event I've been along to this do a couple of times and have had a bit of a laugh.

www.tamworthfolkclub.co.uk/folkmoot2014.htm

It's a proper folk club type affair and a finger in the ear is definitely an option at times. You can however pitch a tent, have a few tunes and a few beers in relatively convivial surrounds. Unless the A5 has been closed by plague, flooding or war or the work gremlin gets in the way I'll most likely go again this time around. (isn't it nice to still be able to be spontaneous in a world where online sales sell events out a year in advance?!)

Last year I spoke to the club committee about the prospect of using the hall for a bellows pipe event and was well received. I however lost interest as I did not think there was sufficient enthusiasm amongst the LBPS membership and associates to sustain the effort. Perhaps I was wrong...

What news "Local groups"? 2 months 4 weeks ago #647

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
Right, I've played highland pipes for a long while and have been strangling the border pipe for the last 2 and a bit years. I'm in Leicester (England) and I'm completely fed up with having no other folk type pipers to bounce off around and about. If you are in the region and want to meet up for some tunes or tuition ( I'm offering free tuition to new learners based on GHB technique ) pm me. Any under 18s who might want tuition will have to be accompanied by an adult, sorry.

Edit to add: I'm dating this post as the inactivity on this site will probably mean that I'll finally get a response in about 20 years otherwise!
28th August '14
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by Tunni.

What news "Local groups"? 2 months 4 days ago #659

• grb
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Steve
I'm interested in meeting up with you at some point, tried to send you an e-mail but as usual, it isn't getting sent!

What news "Local groups"? 2 months 8 hours ago #660

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Graham, I almost fell off my chair to see a reply :cheer: I've tried to send you a PM too but it keeps bouncing. I don't particularly want to post a private email on a forum and with no PMs available we are a bit stuck...No wonder the site has been dying on its feet!

For lack of a better idea try this link and use the contact form. If you mention this site I'll get the message and you can leave a private email address.

welfordlamplighters.co.uk/
Last Edit: 2 months 8 hours ago by Tunni.

What news "Local groups"? 1 month 3 weeks ago #662

• grb
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Steve
I've been away for a few days. I've used the msg system on the linked site and mentioned LBPS forum.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.625 seconds