HomeForumShopResourcesEvents

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Smallpipers in Denmark?

Re: Smallpipers in Denmark? 2 years 1 week ago #376

• peterpiper
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 6
I have your email now; I'll try and get a contact for Jenz in Alborg; I was aware that it was a long shot....

BTW you don't need to learn highland fingering to play the smallpipes; I've never played highland pipe in my life; the music of the lowlands is up for grabs played anyway you choose; a bagpipe has its own demands, but they're not all highland! But if highland music is what you intend to play then you'll have to go for GHB technique; The MPTYElbow tutorials will be a start if nothing else...
The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing, they say
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Smallpipers in Denmark? 2 years 1 week ago #378

• cabates
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the feedback Tunni and Pete!
I took Tunni's advice and bought the first, reasonably priced practice chanter which caught my eye: a standard length plastic Naill (through the College of Piping in Glasgow). I also ordered a copy of the 'Green Book' Tutorial in order to ingratiate myself with the GHB'ers with whom I hope to learn finger technique.

Apropos finger techniques: I'm honestly not certain as to which type of smallpipes
player I hope to become, but I figure that personal instruction with the local Pipes & Drums is as good a place to start as any... I hope to pursue the More Power to Your Elbows book in parallel.

Re: Smallpipers in Denmark? 2 years 1 week ago #379

• Tunni
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Nice one Charles you won't go wrong with that lot. When your chanter turns up and you start having a blow I think you'll realise quite quickly why I recomended getting in touch with the local GHB boys. Someone there will be able to set you right and when you can find your way around the chanter a bit then you will start to get a feel for the direction you want to go with your pipes. Have fun!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.536 seconds